Saturday, December 22nd, 2018
Botox is a popular treatment that can help you refresh and refine your look by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. When properly administered, Botox can take years off a patient’s appearance and enhance natural features. As with all cosmetic treatments, there are pros and cons you should consider. Dr. Paul Willis at New England Laser Lipo meets with patients in his Shrewsbury, MA med spa to understand their specific goals and needs.
What Are Your Goals With Botox?
Before you meet Dr. Willis, take some time to consider what your goals are. There are many reasons people want Botox. Are you looking to improve your appearance by reducing fine lines and wrinkles? Do you have a pre-existing medical condition that may benefit from Botox treatment? When you know what you’re looking to get out of treatment, Dr. Willis can make sure to cater your plan to your goals.
The Pros and Cons of Botox
Botox works by temporarily paralyzing the muscles in the face, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Many patients keep these benefits for several months, though this can change depending on how your body processes the injection.
Botox has several benefits:
- Most patients feel very minimal pain, and in many cases, none at all. You can return to your normal day without down time.
- Botox can be used even in delicate areas such as around the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Botox is an FDA-approved treatment.
There are also a few reasons why you may consider another cosmetic treatment besides Botox:
- The results last around six to eight months, so you’ll need to return to your doctor for additional treatment.
- If not done properly, you risk having a “frozen” appearance. Dr. Willis is experienced and highly trained, so your risk is low.
- Botox does not help sagging skin or deep wrinkles. There are other treatments that can address this, but Botox is for more fine lines and wrinkles.
Botox in Shrewsbury, MA
Botox® Cosmetic is administered by Dr. Willis in our Shrewsbury med spa. Dr. Willis’ goal is to help every patient look and feel their best, keeping their cosmetic goals in mind. Call 855.639.5273 or schedule an appointment online today.